A design fostering connection and collaboration, combined with cutting-edge learning technology, will create the environment needed to educate tomorrow’s physicians and scientists.
The Medical and Graduate Education Building will be an exciting new focal point of the medical campus. Lead designers Diller Scofidio + Renfro, the multi-disciplinary design firm behind the redesign of Lincoln Center and the High Line, in collaboration with Gensler Architects (Executive Architect) have designed the building to feature areas for study and relaxation as well as to nurture the innovation and teamwork required to lead the future of medicine.
A main feature of the new building will be a system of alcoves for social interaction. The “study cascade” brings together an intricate network of intimate spaces located off of the main stairwell. These spaces offer busy students and faculty a place to recharge and connect.
The Medical and Graduate Education Building will also feature:
- 100,000 square feet of high-tech classroom facilities
- Advanced simulation center for immersive, simulation-based medical education
- Innovative learning spaces, for both collaboration and quiet study
- New auditorium and event spaces with integrated technology
- Centralized student support services
- Lounges, café, and student commons
- Space configuration that allows optimal daylight into classroom and public spaces
- Wide range of sustainable features, designed to obtain LEED Gold certification